THE 2018-19 PENC YOUNG ARTISTS COMPETITION
PENC (Professional Educators of North Carolina), a professional association that serves as THE Voice for educators in policy-making, the forum for developing professional relationships and the advocate for improving the learning environment for every educator and student, is currently accepting electronic entries for its annual Young Artists Competition. The goal of this project is to highlight the hard work of North Carolina’s teachers and their students.
Six works of art will be selected as the winning entries by a PENC panel of judges. The pieces will be duplicated for display in our Raleigh office, on the PENC website and may be used in future publications. The six winning entrants will receive an award of $50.00 and a certificate of achievement from PENC. The teachers will be presented with a certificate, gift bag and gift certificate for art supplies at the fall 2019 Executive Board Meeting. PENC is looking forward to the wonderful work from all around our great state.The Young Artists Competition is open to all North Carolina Educators and from all disciplines.
- The work needs to be two-dimensional and created by students in North Carolina schools (including public, private, charter and magnet schools).
- A teacher must enter the submission on behalf of the student electronically:
- One entry per student
- Maximum of five entries per teacher
- All submissions must be e-mailed by the teacher to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The e-mail submission MUST include:
- A clear, non-blurry, digital photo of the work*
- The full name of the student, school, and grade level (Please check your county/school policy on student work being published).
- Full name and contact information for the student’s parent or guardian.
- Your name (teacher), title, telephone number, e-mail address and your school address.
- All submissions must be received by 5:00 pm on Friday, May 31, 2019.
- The selected winners and their teachers will be notified in the summer of 2019.
- The awards and certificates will be presented at the fall 2019 PENC Executive Board Meeting, with the date and location to be announced in the invitation.
If you have any questions, please contact Bill Medlin, Executive Director, at email@example.com or 800.542.8844.
* PENC will need high-resolution images for the six winning entrants. When sending your submissions, include low-resolution images, but be sure to have high-resolution images in case your students’ work is selected.
View the 2018-19 artist highlight reel below.
Kiersten Watkins, 5th Grade
New Hope Elementary School
Art Teacher – Marcie Mauldin
Mason Gregory, 4th Grade
Chicod Elementary School
Art Teacher – Kathy Bello
Alexis Elliott, 8th Grade
Hanes Magnet Middle School
Art Teacher – Barbara Butryn
Marissa France, 7th Grade
Clemmons Middle School
Art Teacher – Katherine Howard
Olivia Hedrick, 11th Grade
Stuart W. Cramer High School
Art Teacher – Tim Stiles
Felicity Gaudino, 11th Grade
Western Alamance High School
Art Teacher – Terry Simpson